It is a new year and you have made a promise to yourself that it will also be a new you! Gone is the procrastinator, the indecisiveness, the bad attitude, the weight and/or the (fill in the blank). This is YOUR year. This can be the best year of your life! You just have to do it and here are some success tips to help you.
It does not matter what “it” is, you can do it. If “it” is a home based business then you will find some awesome tips to help keep you on track and successful in 2017!
1. Set aside a specific place exclusively for work- That does not mean you cannot work from anywhere else but this will help keep you focused and away from distractions. It’s your home business and you can actually deduct certain aspects from your taxes if you have a separate area you work out of most of the time.
2. Create long term and short term goals- Long term goals are those goals that help you see where you want to be in the future. What you want to have completed in 1, 5, 10, even 20 years from now. The short term goals are the easier to reach goals that a. keep you on track b. keep you motivated and c. are the stepping stones to the long-term goals.
3. Create a daily work schedule- Creating a schedule will keep you on track with the tasks you know you need to do because you can check or cross off items as you complete them. This keeps you on track and gives you that sense of accomplishment you need to keep yourself going.
4. Increase your tech skills- Outsourcing is good when the job takes too much time, but when you can do the simple things yourself, it will actually save you a lot of time, and money, waiting for someone else to do them for you.
5. Be Extroverted- If you work remotely, you already know you need to step it up and talk to your potential customers. Even if you are doing it you probably need to increase your efforts in this area.
Success Can Be Yours
6. Commit- If you have a team, participate, if there are meetings, attend them (live or otherwise), if there is training, do it. If you don’t commit, success is unlikely. If there are steps that your team is taking to prepare, plan or build their business and you have not done them yet then you are not committed. One of the 1st reasons a person will fail at their business is that they are not committed to making it work and most often they don’t even know it. Commit to succeed.
7. Know that you will succeed- If you are only hoping, then you need to have more faith in your abilities. Everyone can succeed. If you are not seeing it then you probably need to be doing more. If you are already doing too much and it’s driving you crazy you’re probably a bit off track. You need to be doing more of the right things. Reading motivational books can help. Visit http://homebusiness-wealth.net for some ideas and more success tips.
8. Network- Make friends everywhere you go. The more friends you make, the more you have, the larger your audience. If you promote on social media the people that follow you are the main people that see your posts. When you “friend” someone and they accept, Facebook is set up so that they automatically follow you and your posts. So you have a built in prospect list as you “friend” others.
Change Your Mind Change Your Mindset
9. Create a new zero level of activity- This is not mine, but I loved it when I heard it. Sometimes we don’t feel like working. some days you may just want to hide under covers. On those days use a zero level list. Create a list of things you will do no matter what. Never settle for doing nothing because you just don’t feel like it. It could be a blog, vlog, Facebook ads or a live video. Make a list of 5 things that are easy for you to do but that will help to keep your business and you on track.
10. Focus on the prize- Which is success in your own business, freedom, money to pay your bills and live the lifestyle you want to live, as well as the ability to help others in many different ways. Most people would love to help others but they are always chasing their own tail to catch up themselves. You don’t have to be that person if you stay focused and stay active. Keep moving forward.
Jim Rohn said “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day” and it is so true. So you want to get focused, get committed and get busy and stay that way consistently.
If you want to be successful you should always be on the lookout for success tips online. There is a plethora of information and helpful people online. Never stop learning, whether you are looking for success tips or giving them out. There is something to learn from just about everyone you come into contact with. Keep your focus and your eyes wide open!